Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Suggested Research Method

My suggested research method for colorism involves asking questions, and many of them to the students in paper form. My plan is to give them ten questions which will include pictures of people with questions of "Who wore it best?", "Who do you think is most famous?", "Who committed the murder?",  or "Who do you think is prettier?" In every question I will put in three pictures of people of all different skin tones. The majority of the most common circled answers will dictate the students' overall opinion and viewpoint on colorism without them even really knowing it. This type of research method is survey research because it involves me asking people questions and them answering it with their opinions and thoughts. I believe this is the best research method to use for the topic of colorism because I am showing the students three pictures: people of all different races and skin tones. They will only be able to choose one person per question. I think their answers will indicate their individual views on colorism, even though it is not intentional. This research method will be interesting as to seeing what results we end up with as a class!
 We will end colorism!

No comments:

Post a Comment